Anark is looking for eager, self-motivated students to fill our Quality Engineering Intern roles for the 2021-2022 school year and summer programs! This is an exciting opportunity for any student that is interested in a technical field such as software, IT, engineering, web development, etc.
Application Deadline: 8/30/2021
Interviews will take place: 8/31-9/3
How to Apply:
- Fall 2021 : Sept 9– Nov 12 (Counts as co-curricular)
- Winter 2021 : Nov 15 – Feb 25; breaks Nov 21 - 27 & Dec 19 - Jan 2 (Counts as co-curricular)
- Spring 2022 : Feb 28 - May 20; break Mar 9 - Mar 29 (Counts as co-curricular)
- Summer 2022 : TBD Jun – Aug
Commitment and Compensation
- 6 hours/week during school year (60 hours must be completed per session to receive credit towards a co-curricular)
- Attend 1-in person meeting per week with Anark on Thursdays, from 3:45-5:00 PM at the innovation center
- 15 hours/week during summer
Anark is a leading provider of intelligent information management (IIM) software and solutions for technical industry, enabling engineering, procurement, manufacturing, and field service organizations to publish and manage technical content, for access and collaboration workflows across the extended enterprise—yielding faster iterations, reduced material waste, and higher-quality products and services with substantial cost savings.
Anark helps market leaders such as GE, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Allison Transmission, Johnson & Johnson, Cisco, Ericsson, and TE Connectivity with their Digital Transformation, leveraging smart technical content to streamline procurement, manufacturing, and field service operations.
About the Role
A Quality Engineer Intern is responsible for the development of internal QA test strategies, data test cases, and tools necessary to guarantee the quality of Anark software. This role will involve developing desktop application UX, command line tool, and RESTful API test plans. The Quality Engineer Intern will be responsible for manually executing the test plans and building automated scripts to run the test plans, as well as for communicating the results of the tests, including logging any software bugs that are discovered. The ideal candidate will have interest in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other technical fields.
Skills and Requirements
- Familiarity with Operating Systems including Windows 7 and 10, Windows Server, MacOS, iOS, and/or Android.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel.
- Strong technical and communication skills—capable of garnering the respect of team members and associates within the company.
- Strong work ethic—able to manage multiple deliverables while adhering to busy schedules.