DAWSON SCHOOL COMMUNITY COMMITMENTS
At the heart of any great school are positive partnerships among all the adults in the community in support of students. These crucial relationships are characterized by clearly defined responsibilities, a shared commitment to collaboration, open lines of communication, mutual respect, and a clear understanding of the school's mission. By embracing Dawson's community commitments, we will successfully cultivate a school culture most conducive to healthy student growth and development.As a community, we will:
* Seek to understand and support Dawson's mission, as well as all stated policies and procedures associated with the operation of the school.
* Respect the school's responsibility and intention to do what is in the best interest of the entire community, while simultaneously recognizing the needs of individuals.
* Be positive, encouraging, and respectful to all members of the Dawson community. This includes all forms of communication, from electronic to in-person.
* Champion Dawson and its mission in the broader community.
* Model for students Dawson's core virtues of respect, compassion, integrity, and courage.As parents/guardians, we will:
* Communicate directly and respectfully with the adult at Dawson (teacher, coach, parent, administrator, etc.) who is closest to a situation when a concern or questions arises.
* Support the school's efforts to promote health and wellness by preventing student use of nicotine, drugs, and alcohol.
* Respect and embrace the importance of student attendance.
* Provide a home environment that supports the development of positive learning attitudes and habits.
* Communicate proactively and positively with other parents.As Dawson staff, we will:
* Pursue excellence in our areas of responsibility.
* Seek to understand and meet the unique needs of every child entrusted to our care.
* Steward a physially and emotionally safe environment conducive to student growth.
* Communicate proactively with families regarding student progress.
* Make decisions with students' best interests in mind.