For Summer 2019, our theme is Adapt: Thriving Through Change. While the world continuously adjusts to new conditions directly impacting the environment, food, economics, medicine, transportaion, and our digital footprint, how can we adapt and change life on Earth for a better future?
Experts in a variety of fields will share their knowledge and research, looking both at the choices that are impacting our changing landscape, as well as factors that may influence the outcomes in areas that include scientific innovation and social adaptation. Scholars will then be provided resources and an environment where they can combine their creativity, skills, and passion to explore possibilities for the future.
FIVE-WEEK PROGRAM DATES: JUNE 3 - JULY 3, 2019
Program Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Applications for 2019 Dawson Summer Initiative will be available December 1, 2018.
The following describes the DSI Application process.
WHO CAN APPLY
Applicants to Dawson Summer Initiative must be:
* currently in grade 6 or 7 * a full-time student at a public middle school in Boulder County and surrounding areas
HOW TO COMPLETE THE DSI APPLICATION
There are two options for completing the Dawson Summer Initiative (DSI) application:
1) You may download and print the PDF at right 2) You may complete and submit the application online as outlined below
* You may "mix-and-match" how you complete the application, thereby having some online forms and some completed with pen-and-paper. * All of the forms do NOT need to be sent to DSI at the same time. Once we start receiving any component of the application, we start an admission folder for an applicant and add materials to that folder as they are received.
A complete application requires the following components (links to each also provided in menu at right):
Online: If the application is completed online, you will find links to the various components listed in the menu at right. For the Recommendations, you may direct a teacher and counselor/principal to the site, or to the link itself. If completed online, these Recommendations will be submitted directly by the school to Dawson Summer Initiative.
You may contact DSI if you would like to check the status of your child's application.
* Applications for Dawson Summer Initiative 2019 will be accepted through Wednesday, February 6, 2019.
* Please note: All applications will be read at the same time; this is NOT a first-come, first-served process.
* We will notify you when the application is complete.
* Applicants will be notified about admission decisions by Thursday, March 7, 2019.
PLEASE NOTE: * Please ask your child's teachers, counselors, and principals to complete recommendations well in advance of the application deadline. A safe time frame would be at least three weeks in advance. * We are only able to process applications received on or before February 6, 2019. Anything received after that deadline will not be able to be considered.